Here at Marlene’s School of Dancing, we can offer all round Dance tuition in all styles from Tots to Adults.
We have been established in North Norfolk for 30 years and are recognised as one of the foremost Dance Training Establishments in Norfolk. We can offer superb facilities in our full time Studio, with ample parking nearby.
We pride ourselves on fun which is evident in all of our classes for both the social dancer and those who wish to make dance a career.
Our classes are designed to improve confidence, communication, and life skills.
We are one of the few CDET Recognised Schools (Council for Dance Education and Training) offering teachers who are qualified in all subjects to the highest level in the county.
We teach both Children and Adults with Classes available in all subjects;
Ballet, Tap, Modern-Jazz, Theatre Craft, Musical Theatre, Street Dance, Gymnastic Dance, Ballroom, Latin, Salsa, Rock ‘n’ Roll, Jive, Lindy Hop, Zumba and Fitsteps
Marlene Duniam FIDTA
Natalie Day FIDTA
Gillian Bonnett AIDTA AISTD
Polly Duniam LIDTA
Sophie Duniam LIDTA
- We regularly hold exam sessions with the largest Dance Teaching Organisation in the world; International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) with 100% pass rate. We are qualified to enter students to Advanced 2 standard – the highest graded performers level.
- Some of our former students have been accepted for professional training at some of the most respected Theatre Colleges in the UK; Laine Theatre Arts, Performers College, London Studio Centre, Italia Conti, Northern Contemporary, Stella Mann, Midlands Academy of Dance and Drama, Doreen Bird College and Millenium, leading to them appearing in Professional Shows Nationally and Internationally.
- For those that wish to persue a teaching career we are able to offer Teacher Training up to Fellowship level in all subjects.
- ‘Lets Dance’ – our bi-annual show, choreographed to include the whole school from Tots – Teens is held at the Pavilion Theatre Cromer, which gives students the opportunity to experience stage work. Between this we are kept busy with our yearly showcases held at the Auden Theatre.
- We are honoured every year to be asked to provide students for the professional show Seaside Special and Christmas Seaside Special. The last end of the pier show remaining worldwide, our students perform to sold out audiences of 30,000 people per season. What a fantastic opportunity for our dancers!
- Due to our links to the Pier we are regularly asked to provide students for professional touring shows.
- Our students participate in Dance Festivals, and Streetdance competitions and for the past 3 years have been placed 1st Nationwide for our Streetdance Crews.
“Dancing makes you Happy”